Intern - Co-op
The Organization: Takeda is a patient-focused, values-based, R&D-driven global biopharmaceutical company committed to bringing better health and a brighter future to people worldwide. Takeda's Medical Device Center of Excellence in Lexington, MA is a state-of-the-art facility comprised of a dynamic group of engineers who focus on developing delivery devices for the administration of drugs and biologics. The Medical Device team works closely with cross-functional colleagues to develop combination products (delivery device and drug/biologic) to treat conditions in the areas of Oncology, Rare Diseases, Neuroscience, and Gastroenterology.
The Culture: The culture of the Medical Device group is social, fast-paced, collaborative, and engaging. Colleagues often eat lunch together, attend team outings, socialize outside of work, and create relationships that allow for an effective team atmosphere. The environment allows colleagues to create an extensive network within the pharmaceutical and medical device industries. Takeda?s culture supports growth and development through strong mentorship and manager support; asking questions and seeking out guidance is always encouraged.
The Co-op Student: The co-op student will support the test and design engineers with general device testing and design related activities. Areas of focus will include protocol and report writing, prototype development, test development, fixture development, testing, CAD design and overall lab maintenance.
- Support lab activities that involve troubleshooting, maintenance and qualification of lab equipment.
- Support design and prototyping related activities using CAD and Design Applications: Creo / Windchill, Solidworks / PDM, and Prototyping using (CNC, Laser cutter, 3D printing, Fabrication tools).
- Create test procedures, test protocols, and execute testing per direction test engineers. Set up and operate test equipment and record results. Maintain accurate data and support analysis.
- Assist in concept generation, design, development, and evaluation of new products, materials and technologies. Provide input to design of fixtures, tooling, equipment and specifications
- Support overall test laboratory activities including, but not limited to, test development, gage R&R studies, fabrication of prototypes, coordination of testing and calibration/PM of test equipment
- Support data analysis using statistical techniques and software
The student will have the following required minimum skills:
- Eager to contribute and participate in a fast-moving, team-oriented atmosphere
- Strong communication skills (written, verbal, and presentation)
- Ability to self-organize and prioritize multiple responsibilities
- Ability to develop and execute lab tests independently
- Working knowledge of SolidWorks / Creo is a plus
- Knowledge about mechanical testing and statistics is a plus
- Past experience in the medical device industry is a plus
- Prior co-op experience is a plus